ANSEL ADAMS

Ansel Adams was an American photographer (1902 - 1984) who focused on landscape photography and was an environmentalist known for his black and white images of the American West. Adams was a life-long advocate for environmental conservation, and his photographic practice was deeply entwined with this advocacy. At the age of 12, he was given his first camera during his first visit to Yosemite National Park. For his work, love for the environment, and his persistent advocacy, which helped expand the National Park system, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1980. 

I chose Ansel Adams because I’ve loved his work for years and like him I started photography at quite an early age. I wanted to take black and white photos like him, but due to personal reasons I couldn’t follow out with my first idea so I tweaked it a bit. The new idea was ‘Zooming in on Ansel Adams’. I decided to take pictures inside of the environments and landscapes that Adams would take from high above or far away, I wanted to get up close and personal with the nature of the landscape. 

Comments

Popular Posts