ANNIE LEIBOVITZ


Anna-Lou “Annie” Leibovitz is an American photographer best known for her entertaining portraits of celebrities who are mostly shown in intimate and playful settings and poses. At age 23, Leibovitz became the chief photographer of Rolling Stone magazine. Leibovitz actually photographed John Lennon on the day he was shot and killed in New York City in 1980. She became the first woman to hold an exhibition at Washington's National Portrait Gallery in 1991.



To be honest, I don’t really like many of Leibovitz’s photos and magazine covers. The idea of having your subject sit in a bathtub full of milk doesn’t interest or even seem creative to me. Her biography calls her subjects in playful poses, I just find them odd and just trying to be different. While looking through all of her works, the only one I thought was compositionally great and overall interesting to look at is the one photo I posted below.


Comments

Popular Posts