SANDY SKOGLUND

Sandy Skoglund is an American photographer and installation artist who most likely creates her work in a surrealism style. Her works uses many objects that she creates from hand like sets or tableaux that she furnishes with carefully chosen colorful pieces of furniture, these sets can take months to fully complete. Her photographs are usually characterized by a large amount of one single object or color that either contrasts each other or is in a monochromatic color scheme.

Skoglund's work is always so interesting to me. Her use of color and design of her sets always intrigues me. Especially the photograph I posted below. Besides the facts that she mostly uses black and white for most of the props, only really uses my favortie color of red, and covers the photograph in my favorite animal, I still absoultely love this piece.

The narrative doesn't scream out at you right when you look at it. But once you take in the whole photo and see everything, you start to understand it. Many of Skoglund's works have this same premise, like there is another one that has goldfish surrounding a young boy, but I love the use of repetition and use of two or three colors.

 

Comments

Popular Posts