JOHN CYR

John Cyr was a French photographer, born in Montana, mostly known for his abstract photos that were full of patterns. He went to school during the Great Depression when he soon gravitated towards California where he eventually became a photographer after being in the estate business for 50 years. Cyr retired in 2004 and became an author writing vocational and western books, such as The Shotgun Rider and the LadyTroubles Along The Mullan TrailDanger in The DeltaDestination Oroville.

Personally, I do not like any of Cyr’s work. I found every collection to be boring and repetitive. Not a single picture caught my attention. I just kept scrolling through the pieces, waiting for something to jump out at me and alas, nothing did. I honestly don’t get what is so great about this guy. It’s just pictures of developer trays and developer spots, not interesting at all. There’s no narrative, nothing that makes you think about what the photographer was thinking or feeling. Where are the pictures that resulted in needing developer? Those would be a lot more interesting than these photos.


Comments

Popular Posts